John Barrowman cancels £150 video messages to fans after Dancing On Ice axe
JOHN Barrowman has put his lucrative £150-a-time video shout out service on ice after being axed from a prime time TV show.
The star, 54, who was a Dancing On Ice judge, lost his spot on the ITV programme after sexual misconduct claims resurfaced.
On Monday John locked down his Twitter page – where he has more than 500,000 followers, and deleted his profile picture.
However, it does still feature a link to his listing on Cameo, where fans can pay for video messages.
Yet The Sun Online can reveal the Torchwood actor is “not taking any bookings at this moment."
Previously, he has raked in hundreds of thousands of pounds on Cameo and was knocking out several 30-second shout-outs a day to earn extra cash.
The telly judge charges £150-a-go and has 653 glowing reviews from satisfied customers but typically only a quarter of people leave a review.
He's one of the highest rated on the stars on the platform thanks to his five-star feedback from fans.
One person revealed of his personalised video: “This was absolutely one of the most amazing gifts my wife and I have ever received! Mr. Barrowman is an absolute class act.
“5 stars is not enough to give this Cameo. My wife says all the stars, including the second star on the right. Thank you, sir, from the bottom of our Whovian hearts!“
And another happy customer said: “Absolutely wonderful! John could have just said Happy Birthday but he went above and beyond with this wonderful message.“
Inbetweeners star James Buckley is the second highest-rated celeb on the site – behind US The Office star Brian Baumgartner snd American comic Gilbert Gottfried.
Big names like Snoop Dog, Mike Tyson, Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen all flog their services on the site.
The Sun exclusively revealed John has lost his role on the prime time series after sexual conduct claims resurfaced.
The I'm A Celeb star was accused of repeatedly exposing himself on the sets of other shows.
He was on the prime-time show’s panel for two years.
A TV insider said: “This will be devastating for him.
“Clearly ITV feel it’s not a good look to have someone like John centre-stage on a family-friendly show.”
Barrowman was axed from Dancing on Ice after admitting he should not have exposed himself on sets.
The entertainer was accused of flashing at the cast on Doctor Who and its spin-off Torchwood.
He played Captain Jack Harness and was a TV regular until ten years ago.
Stories of his sleazy behaviour resurfaced in May when co-star Noel Clarke was alleged to have of sexually harassed and groped a string of women.
A 2015 video resurfaced showing Clarke claim Barrowman, 54, would expose himself “every five seconds.”
He was also said to have flashed in 2008 during a Radio 1 interview discussing his lewd pranks. He later apologised for going too far.
John went into therapy earlier this year.
He added: “They were different times, which is why I wouldn’t do now what I did then. I’ve acknowledged that by the way my behaviour has changed.
“I’ve always believed that the reason I was put on this planet was to bring joy to people, make them laugh. How I do that has evolved over the years.
“I’m still using humour, just in a different way than might have been the case ten or 20 years ago.”
The star also insisted his Dancing on Ice job was safe after two years on the panel.
JOB ON ICE
Dancing on Ice, presented by Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby, returned in 2018 after its initial five-year run ended in 2011.
ITV have not severed all ties with Barrowman.
A spokeswoman said: “We thank John for two brilliant years on the Dancing on Ice panel and are pleased to be working with him again as host of the forthcoming All Star Musicals specials.”
The Sun previously approached Barrowman’s representatives for comment.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The Sun Showbiz team?
Email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220 .
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
Source: Read Full Article