Dizzee Rascal smashes photographer’s camera outside court after guilty verdict

Dizzee Rascal smashed a photographer’s camera as he walked out of the courthouse moments after he was convicted of assaulting his ex-fiancee.

The 37-year-old rapper – whose real name is Dylan Mills – was seen launching a camera across the road outside Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court after he was found guilty of assaulting his former partner Cassandra Jones.

He denied all charges and pleaded guilty to the incident which took place on June 8 2021 at his home in Streatham South London.

It is understood the altercation took place after becoming “frustrated” over custody arrangements for their two children after they called time on their relationship in February 2021.

But after a verdict of guilty was returned for a charge of assault, the star was seen storming away from the courtroom before he threw the expensive camera across the street.

PA news agency photographer James Manning explained the altercation as the artist left the “smashed [his camera] into a lot of pieces”.

He said: “He came out of the court, I was taking his picture, just standing still on the corner.

“He then pushed my camera into my face, which then caused it to fall on the floor, at which point he then picked it up and then threw it across the road. It smashed into a lot of pieces.

“He was angry, he came straight out of the door, didn’t say anything until the point at which he pushed my camera.”

He went on: “I think he said something like ‘get away’ or ‘get out of my face’ or something along those lines.

“After that he just walked off and I didn’t chase after him or anything like that.”

The Daily Star has reached out to Dizzee Rascal's representatives for a comment on this story.

It comes after the musician – who became known for his chart-topping singles Bonkers and Dance Wiv Me – had been found guilty of attacking Ms Jones by pressing his forehead against her and pushing her to the ground during a “chaotic” row at the property last year.

The court heard how Dizzee allegedly “barged” into the family home, banged his head on a fridge three time while holding his son and began “screaming and shouting” at Ms Jones and her mother Dawn Kirk.

It was said that Ms Jones then began filming him, but he took her phone from her as well as Ms Kirk’s as his shouting got louder and alerted two neighbours who then called the police.

A judge was then told how Mills told the officers “I’m the aggressor” but later retracted his comment and gave a prepared statement in a police interview where he denied the allegations as he explained how he had been assaulted by Ms Jones.

The rapper will be sentenced for the assault on April 8 at Croydon Magistrates’ Court.

For more of the latest showbiz and TV news from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

Source: Read Full Article