Toulouse vs Liverpool betting preview: odds and predictions | The Sun
VICTORY for Liverpool in Toulouse on Thursday would take them into the Europa League knockout stage and they should be able to get it.
Featured bonus for Toulouse vs Liverpool
⏩ Quick betting tips for Toulouse vs Liverpool
- Liverpool -1 on the handicap – 21/20 with Spreadex
- Niklas Schmidt to be carded –15/4 with bet365
- Ryan Gravenberch 2+ shots – 11/10 with Sky Bet
Toulouse vs Liverpool odds
Here are the latest match odds for Toulouse vs Liverpool odds from our top-rated football bookies. Odds are subject to change.
Toulouse vs Liverpool betting preview
Liverpool cruised to a 5-1 victory over Toulouse when the sides met at Anfield a couple of weeks ago and a repeat could well be on the cards on Thursday in France.
Despite Jurgen Klopp making regular changes, Liverpool have sauntered to three wins in the group so far, scoring 10 times and conceding only twice.
A win here would see them reach the knockout stage, although Klopp will be determined to win the group outright – something which comes with the significant advantage.
These days the group winners go straight to the last 16, while the runners-up must play an extra round against one of the Champions League drop-out teams.
Therefore a let-up should not be expected.
Toulouse, who qualified as French Cup winners last season, are enduring a season of struggle.
They sit 14th in Ligue 1, just a point outside the relegation zone, although they have at least accumulated four points in this competition and maintain a decent chance of progressing.
Still, they’ve not won in their last five and the superior quality of Liverpool really should tell.
The Reds have covered a one-goal handicap in all three Europa games so far this season and with the visitors just 2/5 for the win, this looks a good way of backing them at a decent price.
Toulouse vs Liverpool key stats
- Only Leverkusen (11) have scored more goals in the Europa League group stage so far than Liverpool (10), while only Roma have conceded fewer goals.
- Toulouse have won only three of their 14 games in all competitions this season and are without a victory in their last five.
- Mo Salah is already into double figures on the goals front for Liverpool this season. He has 10 in total, including two in the Europa League, despite only starting once in the competition.
- However, Ben Doak may play ahead of Salah on the right of the Liverpool attack, while the likes of Wataru Endo and Harvey Elliott are set for starts.
- Toulouse remain without joint top scorer Zakaria Aboukhlal due to a knee injury.
Toulouse vs Liverpool best bets
Find our best bets for the Toulouse vs Liverpool game below. Odds for the bets are provided by the best sportsbooks per our expert reviews. Odds in the bettings tips are subject to change.
Liverpool (-1) on the handicap (Spreadex)
Liverpool dominated the reverse fixture at Anfield a couple of weeks ago, running out 5-1 winners, and with Toulouse continuing to struggle domestically, another comfortable win looks on the cards.
Jurgen Klopp’s selections have shown the strength in depth this Reds squad possesses and whoever is picked looks capable of seeing off the French strugglers.
Klopp will be keen to get progress to the knockout stage secured as soon as possible so don’t expect anything too maverick in selection terms.
Liverpool have covered this handicap in all three group games so far – back them for a repeat.
⚽ Back Liverpool (-1) on the handicap at 21/20 at Spreadex ⚽
Niklas Schmidt to be carded (bet365)
Toulouse midfielder Schmidt, who joined Toulouse in the summer, has been booked in four of his 10 starts for his new club so far.
That follows on from last season at Werder Bremen where his 11 Bundesliga starts brought three cards.
Referee Georgi Kabakov looks a good appointment for cards punters – he’s shown 4+ in 23 of his last 29 UEFA club appointments.
⚽ Bet on Schmidt to be carded at 15/4 at bet365 ⚽
Ryan Gravenberch 2+ shots (Sky Bet)
The Dutch summer signing is gradually pressing his claims for a regular spot in the Liverpool midfield and he’s started all three Europa League games so far.
He’s scored two goals and assisted once in the group and is tempting at 5/1 for another goal here.
However, the better bet looks to be to back Gravenberch for 2+ shots.
He managed four in the reverse fixture and is averaging a shot every 29 minutes over his last seven appearances.
⚽ Back Gravenberch 2+ shots at 11/10 at Sky Bet ⚽
📺 How to watch Toulouse vs Liverpool
- Location: Stadium de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
- Time: 17:45 GMT on Thursday, November 9
- Where to watch: TNT Sports 1
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry, or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
Find our detailed guide on responsible gambling practices here.
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.
Most read in Betting
World of Wonka slot review: Where to play, features, and tips
Top 10 best live casinos reviewed plus welcome offers and free spin deals
Arsenal vs Sevilla betting preview: odds and predictions
Check out the UK’s best football betting sites including odds & offers
Source: Read Full Article