Tasty Galaxy chocolate hazelnut loaf recipe labelled ‘genius’ by food lovers
A Galaxy chocolate hazelnut loaf recipe has been labelled "genius" online by food lovers.
The first lockdown was all about the banana bread, but why not try cooking something new with this delicious recipe.
The scrumptious-looking loaf and recipe was shared online on the official Galaxy UK Instagram account.
Two snaps and the recipe were shared from baker Christianna's eathappyfeelgood 's Instagram account
The first snap saw the yummy looking loaf oozing with chocolate as the baker held it above her serving tray.
Meanwhile the second saw the load served with nuts and banana – and it certainly looked good enough to eat.
The post, which was shared with Galaxy's 21,900 followers, was captioned: "Okay, guilty, we’ve never been morning people… until now!
How amazing does this Hazelnut Loaf from @EatHappyFeelGood look? Learn how to make your own below!"
Christianna had decided to use vegan Galaxy chocolate for her recipe, however those who want to use the standard variety can also use that.
The recipe shared, which features jumbo oats and Galaxy hazelnut makes enough for ten portions.
This means you can either share it out and brighten up the day for friends and family, or just keep it for yourself if you're feeling peckish.
Fans were loving the post, with it racking up more than 2,400 likes.
Many also left gushing comments, as one branded the recipe "the best ever".
Another exclaimed: "Oooooh delicious!! @eathappyfeelgood you genius!"
While a third chimed in: "Something to try during lockdown."
Ingredients and method
- 3 cups jumbo oats (make sure you use jumbo oats, not porridge oats)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts (to go on top)
- 1 bar Galaxy hazelnut chopped into small pieces (use vegan version for vegan loaf)
- 2 cups normal/vegan Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs or flax eggs for vegan (2 tbsp ground flaxseeds & 6 tbsp water, mixed and allowed to sit for five minutes)
- 1/3 cup pitted and chopped medjool dates
- 1 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 bar Galaxy hazelnut, chopped into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a loaf tin
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and combine well
- Blend the dates with some of the yoghurt to make a runny paste and put into a small bowl. Add the remaining wet ingredients and mix
- Pour the wet into the dry ingredients and fold together making sure it’s well combined. The mixture will be thick
- Put into your prepared loaf tin, making sure you firmly press the mixture down into the tin
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes until an inserted knife comes out clean
- Let it cool a little, take out of the baking tin and let it completely
- Melt the 1/2 bar of Galaxy and drizzle over the top. Sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts
Galaxy expanded it's vegan chocolate range last September, adding smooth mint and crumbled cookie flavours.
The Galaxy Vegan Crumbled Cookie bar is a dairy-free alternative to the Galaxy Cookie Crumble bar and combines rich cocoa and cookie pieces blended with creamy hazelnut paste.
Mars Chocolate Drinks & Treats GM Michelle Frost said Mars was “delighted to extend our range to offer more consumers more choice”. According to Frost, the “bright eye-catching packaging creates real on-shelf standout to attract new consumers to the category”.
Mars also launched vegan Topic and Bounty chocolate bars last month too.
Source: Read Full Article