Greggs announces plans for 24-hour drive thru serving delicious pastries all day
Fancy a late night sausage roll from Greggs?
Well, ladies and gentlemen there's no reason why you can't as the chain is trialling a 24-hour drive-thru.
The popular bakery opened its first drive-thru in 2017 with dozens across the country operating between 6am to 9pm.
READ MORE: Greggs fan eats 'most sausage rolls in 30 minutes' – gets pastry tattoo to celebrate
But after enjoying a big year financially, Greggs is looking to take things to another level.
It is believed another 150 stores with longer opening hours are currently being trialled.
Chief executive at Greggs Roisin Currie said: "Brits are seeking out great quality and value, and that's what we offer.
"If you need to eat, you're coming to Greggs and having a breakfast for £2.60, lunch for £3.60, or an evening meal offer.
"It is just that easy way to fuel yourself when you're on the go and you need to eat."
Fortunately Roisin said there are no plans to increase prices further although costs were always under review.
Currently there are around 2,330 Greggs in the UK, but the chain believes there's an opportunity for hundreds more yet.
She added: "2022 has been a year of strong progress for Greggs.
"The result of committed efforts to deliver our strategic growth plan.
"Greggs continues to offer exceptional value to people looking for great tasting, high-quality food and drink on-the-go.
"We have an exciting, ambitious plan for the years ahead.
"I believe we are extremely well-placed to realise the opportunity to become a significantly larger business."
Polyamorous man weds fifth woman approved by 'picky' wife – and she's a cougar
Greggs already has a number of drive-thru services open, which include the following locations:
- Saltbox Road, Bognor Regis
- Westgate Retail Park, Slough
- Allerdyce Court, Glasgow
- Saffron Way, Sittingbourne
- Beehive Business Park, Cumbria
- Bonyrigg Road, Dalkieth
- Sandy Lane, Newcastle
- Southwell Road West, Mansfield
- Meadowhall Retail Park, Sheffield
- Gateway Service Station, Irlam
- Port Road, Newport
- Heol Waun Saggard, St Clears
- Integra 61, Bowburn – Durham
- Ashby De La Zouch, Leicestershire
- Snetterton, Norwich
- Frontier Park, Blackburn
- North Bradley, Trowbridge
Want all the biggest Lifestyle news straight to your inbox? Sign up for our free Daily Star Hot Topics newsletter
- UK 'Pie War' breaks out as Greggs accused of launching 'full scale invasion' of Cornwall
- Greggs slimmer ditches steak bakes and sheds half her weight to become top bodybuilder
- Dad orders 'UK's biggest bacon butty' from Greggs – and it's an absolute beast
- Poshest-ever Greggs leaves Brits howling that it 'should be called Greggorys'
- Inside world's first fancy Greggs cafe with sausage roll swing & double decker bus
Source: Read Full Article