Family thanks stranger who battled to save boy, 12, killed on railway bridge
The family of a 12-year-old boy who was electrocuted while playing near a railway line have issued a statement thanking the stranger who tried to save his life.
Daniel McDermott died six days after coming into contact with power lines at a railway bridge in Milton, Glasgow last month.
The statement, which has been released by Daniel's mum, dad and brother, expresses gratitude to the man that administered first aid to Daniel, shortly after seeing him in pain.
They have also given their thanks to people in the local community who have rallied around the family in the wake of the tragic incident, reports the Daily Record .
The statement, released through Facebook page No1seems2care, said: “We would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere thanks and gratitude to everyone.
We can’t thank the gentleman enough who administered first aid to Daniel at the scene of the accident, his actions gave Daniel a fighting chance. Thank you also to those in the community who came out to help my son and his friend that evening.
“Thank you to the fire and ambulance service and the fabulous work of the surgeons and ICU staff at the Queen Elizabeth for all their hard work and care shown with Daniel.
“As a family we have taken the time to read all your beautiful and thoughtful messages. We visited the bridge and looked at all the flower, teddies and tributes.
Source: Read Full Article