Best Bank Holiday sales with discounts of up to 70% off at Argos and Very
BARGAIN hunters can snap upto 70% this Bank Holiday weekend as shops like Wayfair, Very and B&M slash prices.
Deals can be found across a range of different products, including homeware, tech and beauty.
But before you splash out, it's worth shopping around as you may be able to find cheaper prices elsewhere.
Google's price comparison tool, Google Shopping, is free and easy to use, plus sites like Idealo and Pricespy will let you know if you can get the same product for less.
Here are our top picks for the bank holiday weekend.
B&M – up to 10% off
B&M is holding a huge indoor furniture sale over the bank holiday and shoppers can get 10% off armchairs, tables and more.
The discounter doesn't offer a home delivery service so you'll need to head to your nearest branch to get your hands on the offers.
Here are some of the best bargains we've spotted:
- Dreamcom Superior Memory Foam Mattress. Was: £250. Now: £225. Save: £25 (10%) – buy now
- Hannah Velvet Chair. Was: £100, Now: £90. Save: £10 (10%) – buy now
- Deco Galmour set of two cage side tables. Was: £50. Now: £45. Save: £5 (10%) – buy now
- Urban Paradise 4 drawer chest. Was: £50, Now: £45. Save: £5 (10%) – buy now
- Two tier shelving unit on wheels. Was: £30, Now: £27. Save: £3 (10%) – buy now
How to compare prices to get the best deal
JUST because something is on offer, or is part of a sale, it doesn’t mean it’s always a good deal.
There are plenty of comparison websites out there that'll check prices for you – so don't be left paying more than you have to.
Most of them work by comparing the prices across hundreds of retailers.
Here are some that we recommend:
- Google Shopping is a tool that lets users search for and compare prices for products across the web. Simply type in keywords, or a product number, to bring up search results.
- Price Spy logs the history of how much something costs from over 3,000 different retailers, including Argos, Amazon, eBay and the supermarkets. Once you select an individual product you can quickly compare which stores have the best price and which have it in stock.
- Idealo is another website that lets you compare prices between retailers. All shoppers need to do is search for the item they need and the website will rank them from the cheapest to the most expensive one.
- CamelCamelCamel only works on goods being sold on Amazon. To use it, type in the URL of the product you want to check the price of.
Very – up to 57%
Very shoppers can bag discounted HD TVs, Airpods and vacuum cleaners in the retailer's bank holiday sale.
The discount event, which also includes sofas and kitchen appliances, is already available and will run until May 6.
While there are some massive savings to be had, you’ll have to factor in the extra £3.99 that Very charges for standard delivery on orders under £30, otherwise it's free.
Here's what's on offer:
- Cuba two seater sofa. Was: £529, Now: £319. Save: £210 (40%) – buy now
- Tassimo pod coffee machine. Was: £89.99. Now: £39. Save: £50.99 (57%) – buy now
- Beats studio 3 wireless headphones. Was: £270. Now: £169. Save: £101 (37%) – buy now
- David Beckham 40ml Eau de Toilette. Was: £19.99. Now: £12.99. Save: £7 (35%) – buy now
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case. Was: £159. Now: £124. Save: £35 (22%) – buy now
Boots – up to 70%
Boots finally launched its up to 70% off sale this week, three months later than normal.
The discount buys are only available in store though so you won't be able to get them with online orders.
Plus, they're only available as long as stocks last so it's best to be quick if you want to get your hands on any.
Here are our top picks:
- L'Oreal Fully Charged Washbag. Was: £20. Now: £6. Save: £14
- Soap & Glory Toiletries Bag A Little Beauty. Was: £20. Now: £6. Save: £14
- No7 5 Steps to Glowing Skin. Was: £16. Now: £4.80. Save: £11.20
- FCUK Sock Gift Set. Was: £12.50. Now: £3.75. Save: £8.75
- Lynx Africa Duo Gift Set. Was: £5.60. Now: £1.68. Save: £3.92
Argos – Up to 70%
Argos shoppers can bag discounts across a range of products in the store's clearance sale.
Bear in mind though that stock will vary by store, plus you'll need to factor in the delivery charges if you're ordering online. These start at £6.95.
Here's what you can bag in the sale:
- Argos Home Maltese double bed frame. Was: £300, Now: £199. Save: £101 (33%) – buy now
- Garmin drive 51 LMT-S 5 Inch sat nav. Was: £109.99, Now: £99.99. Save: £10 (9%) – buy now
- IT Luggage The LITE 4 wheel soft cabin suitcase. Was: £30, Now: £9. Save: £21 (70%) – buy now
- Harry Potter Marauders Map burgundy leather strap watch. Was: £39.99, Now: £19.99. Save: £20 (50%) – buy now
- Revere 9ct gold plated sea turtle pendant necklace. Was: £19.99, Now: £9.99. Save: £10 (50%) – buy now
Confused about where you can go on the bank holiday? Here we round up all the coronavirus lockdown rules that may affect you over the weekend.
Plus, here's a little known way to find out about Primark bargains without having to visit a branch.
And while the discounter isn't holding an official sale, shoppers have spotted reduced price across clothing and homeware.
Source: Read Full Article