Joe Jonas looks solemn in first sighting since reaching agreement over kids
Joe Jonas has been spotted out with brother Nick amid his messy and very public divorce from wife Sophie Turner.
The Jonas Brothers star, 34, looked casual as he stepped out in rainy New York City with younger brother Nick, 31, on Monday (September 25).
Wearing a pair of ripped blue jeans, a white sweater, and baseball cap, the Sucker hitmaker opted for comfort between live shows.
He braved the wet weather while passersby put their hoods up, chatting to Jealous hitmaker Nick who walked with a hand in his pocket and the other carrying his phone.
This marked the first time Joe has been spotted since the announcement that he reached an agreement with ex Sophie to keep their two kids in the US for now.
The popstar and Game of Thrones actress, 27, have opted to co-parent in NYC, instead of her taking them to the UK.
Last week, Sophie called for her estranged husband to return their two young daughters to the England, where she is from.
However, DailyMail.com has now reported that an interim consent order has been agreed upon by the pair.
This bans both parties from removing their children from New York.
For the time being, their youngsters – who have been fiercely protected from the limelight since their birth – have to stay in the Southern or East Districts, which covers New York City, Long Island, and the Hudson Valley.
The filing stated the former couple ‘have agreed to the entry of the attached proposed Interim Consent Order, without prejudice to either party’s claims and defenses, prohibiting the removal of the parties’ children from the jurisdictions… pending further order of this Court.’
Sophie’s lawyer Stephen Cullen filed the document, stating it was done to ‘protect the well-being of the (children) involved’ as well as to ‘prevent the (children’s) further removal or concealment before the final disposition of the petition’.
A draft copy of the order must now be signed by Judge Katherine Polk Failla, who is overseeing the case.
Then, a hearing at the federal court in Manhattan is scheduled to take place on Tuesday (October 3).
It comes after Joe hit back at Sophie’s claims in a statement last week.
His representative said in part: ‘Sophie advised that she wanted to take the children permanently to the UK. Thereafter, she demanded via this filing that Joe hand over the children’s passports so that she could take them out of the country immediately. If he complies, Joe will be in violation of the Florida Court order.’
Joe is seeking ‘shared parenting with the kids so that they are raised by both their mother and father, and is, of course, also okay with the kids being raised both in the US and the UK’.
The musician also rubbished the allegation that he’s ‘abducted’ his own children.
His statement added: ‘This is an unfortunate legal disagreement about a marriage that is sadly ending.
‘When language like “abduction” is used, it is misleading at best, and a serious abuse of the legal system at worst. The children were not abducted.’
Joe and Sophie married in 2019 and confirmed their divorce earlier this month in a shocking joint statement.
They said at the time: ‘After four wonderful years of marriage we have mutually decided to amicably end our marriage.
‘There are many speculative narratives as to why but, truly this is a united decision and we sincerely hope that everyone can respect our wishes for privacy for us and our children.’
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Read Full Article