Disney’s most streamed song on Spotify – and amount artist has cashed in from it
One of the most magical parts of a Disney film is often the soundtrack and a number of the songs from these soundtracks have gone on to win Academy Awards.
Over the years a number of incredible artists have given their vocal abilities to iconic characters, with Mandy Moore taking on the role of Rapunzel in Tangled and Donny Osmond providing the singing voice for Mulan's General Li Shang.
But which musical number from a Disney movie has proved the most popular with Spotify listeners?
Frozen's Let it go, by Idina Menzel has taken the top spot for Disney on the streaming platform, with over 300 million plays since its release in 2013.
This is according to a new Pay Per Play report by Broadband Deals.
The research revealed that artists get paid £0.0034 for every stream on Spotify, meaning Menzel's hit has generated around £1.1million so far.
With the release of the highly anticipated Frozen 2 last week, Menzel looks set to cash in even more, with her vocals featuring on three new catchy tracks – Some Things Never Change, Into the Unknown and Show Yourself.
Following Let it go, the second most-streamed Disney song on Spotify was Moana's How Far I'll Go by Auli'i Cravalho.
This track has generated the artist just under £800k so far with more than 230 million plays on Spotify to date.
The Moana soundtrack has another hit at number three on the list, with Dwayne Johnson's You're Welcome garnering 204 million streams and just under £700k.
Here's a look at Spotify's top 10 most streamed Disney songs:
1. Let it Go (Frozen) by Idina Menzel
2. How far I'll go (Moana) by Auli'i Cravalho
3. You're Welcome (Moana) by Dwayne Johnson
4. I'll make a man out of you (Mulan) by Donny Osmond
5. A whole new world (Aladdin) by Lea Salonga and Brad Kane
6. Do you want to build a snowman? (frozen) by Kristen Bell, Agatha Lee Monn and Katie Lopez
7. Under the sea (Little Mermaid) by Samuel E. Wright
8. I just can't wait to be king (The Lion King) by Jason Weaver, Laura Williams and Rowan Atkinson
9. Hakuna Matata (The Lion King) by Nathan Lane, Ernie Sabella, Jason Weaver and Joseph Williams
10. I see the light (Tangled) by Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi
Source: Read Full Article