Tenth Astroworld victim dies after mass casualty incident at Travis Scott concert
A nine year old boy named Ezra Blount has been confirmed as the tenth casualty of Travis Scott's tragic Astroworld concert.
Just days after Bharti Shahani, 22, was revealed to be the ninth person to pass away from the deadly crowd crush, on Sunday, Ezra was devastatingly announced as the youngest victim of the tragedy.
The youngster was a huge fan of rapper Travis and was sitting on his father Treston Blount's shoulders during the concert at NRG Park on November 5.
Speaking previously to ABC 13, Treston explained that they stayed near the back of the crowd as he thought it would be "calmer", but once Travis took to the stage, people began frantically pushing.
Treston said that he lost consciousness, and Ezra fell to the ground, where eager concertgoers trampled on him.
After Treston came around, he desperately searched for his missing son, who was later found at the hospital suffering from serious injuries.
His family lawyer Ben Crump confirmed that the nine year old tragically passed away on Sunday at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston.
Speaking in a lawsuit filed against rapper Travis and the event's organiser, Live Nation, Treston said his son Ezra suffered severe damage to his brain, kidney, and liver after being "kicked, stepped on, and trampled, and nearly crushed to death".
Treston and his family are seeking at least $1m (£744,600) in damages.
They had also set up a GoFundMe page to support Ezra's medical expenses.
Nine others died as crowds surged towards the stage during the rapper's performance.
A mass of concertgoers at Houston's NRG Park "began to compress" at the front of the stage as Kylie Jenner's beau Travis performed on stage.
At around 9.38 pm, a "mass casualty incident" was triggered as the number of victims began to increase.
Out of those hospitalised, 11 were in cardiac arrest. It's understood around 300 people were treated at a field hospital at the scene of the concert.
Travis released a statement saying he was 'absolutely devastated' following the stampede at his concert in Houston.
The singer said on Twitter: "I'm absolutely devastated by what took place last night.
"My prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival."
He continued: "Houston PD has my total support as they continue to look into the tragic loss of life.
"I am committed to working together with the Houston community to heal and support the families in need."
He went on: "Thank you to Houston PD, Fire Department and NRG Park for their immediate response and support."
For more showbiz updates, sign up for OK! 's daily newsletter here.
Source: Read Full Article