Megyn Kelly blasts ‘absurd’ situation as Sharon Osborne leaves The Talk over Meghan Markle
Piers Morgan: Sharon Osbourne clashes with co-host on support
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.
The American journalist took to social media to slam the “absurd” move after Mrs Osbourne made the decision to walk away. Her decision comes weeks after she became embroiled in controversy after defending Piers Morgan’s comments. CBS confirmed that Sharon, 68, would be leaving her role on the panel show as her behaviour “did not align with our values for a respectful workplace”.
This. Is. ABSURD.
The news came after Sharon clashed with her co-stars on the US talk show after defending former Good Morning Britain co-anchor, Piers Morgan.
Following Meghan’s interview with Oprah Winfrey, when she revealed she had been unhappy during her time as a senior working royal and struggled with her mental health, Piers claimed that he didn’t believe The Duchess.
His comments on Good Morning Britain have since led to more than 57,000 complaints to the broadcasting watchdog, Ofcom.
Sharon, defended the former Britain’s Got Talent judge and was subsequently accused of validating racism.
Sharon clashed with co-star Sheryl Underwood who said: “What would you say to people who may feel that, while you’re standing by your friend, it appears that you gave validation or safe haven to something that he has uttered that is racist, even if you don’t agree?”
Sharon replied: “I feel even like I’m about to be put in the electric chair because I have a friend who many people think is a racist so that makes me a racist.”
Now, former lawyer and CBS news anchor Megyn Kelly has waded in, tweeting in view of her 2.5 million Twitter followers: “This. Is. ABSURD.” alongside a news article announcing Sharon’s departure from the popular chat show.
The Talk was pulled off air on March 12 while CBS conducted an investigation to establish what took place.
Former X Factor judge Sharon had been a panellist on the show for 11 seasons and later issued an apology over her comments as the show instantly went on hiatus.
Tweeting her friend Piers, Sharon said: “[email protected] I am with you. I stand by you. People forget that you’re paid for your opinion and that you’re just speaking your truth.”
She later took to her Instagram page to say that she does not “condone racism, misogyny or bullying.”
A statement from CBS read: “Sharon Osbourne has decided to leave The Talk.
“The events of the 10 March broadcast were upsetting to everyone involved, including the audience watching at home.
“As part of our review, we concluded that Sharon’s behaviour towards her co-hosts during the 10 March episode did not align with our values for a respectful workplace.
“We also did not find any evidence that CBS executives orchestrated the discussion or blindsided any of the hosts.”
Eamonn Holmes talks battling ‘chronic pain’ in early hours post [INSIGHT]
Charley Webb admits to keeping an eye on her son due to changes [INSIGHT]
Kate Garraway fans defend GMB star as Finding Derek branded ‘shameful’ [REACTION]
“At the same time, we acknowledge the network and studio teams, as well as the showrunners, are accountable for what happened during that broadcast.
“As it was clear the co-hosts were not properly prepared by the staff for a complex and sensitive discussion involving race.
“During this week’s hiatus, we are coordinating workshops, listening sessions and training about equity, inclusion and cultural awareness for the hosts, producers and crew.
“Going forward, we are identifying plans to enhance the producing staff and producing procedures to better serve the hosts, the production and, ultimately, our viewers.”
During Meghan’s interview, she claimed that an unnamed member of the Royal Family made racial comments surrounding her then-unborn child, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.
Despite Meghan, 39, sharing the news, she refused to name the royal as it would be “damaging” for them if she chose to disclose their name.
Her husband, Prince Harry, also admitted that it’s a conversation he will never publicly address.
Meghan and Harry stepped down as senior working members of The Royal Family in 2020 in order to live a more financially independent lifestyle before swapping London for California.
Source: Read Full Article