Katie Price and ex Kieran Hayler finally divorced three years after split
Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox
Katie Price and her ex husband Kieran Hayler have finalised their divorce three years after their split.
Katie, 43, who recently threw her daughter Princess a party after missing her birthday to get surgery, was said to have gotten her affairs in order when it comes to the divorce back in March.
However, according to The Sun Online, the decree absolute only came through this week – which means Katie is now "legally single" and free to tie the knot with her fiancé Carl Woods, 32.
"Katie got mixed up back in March and thought that signing the papers meant she was 'free' of Kieran – she didn't realise it would be another few months until she was legally single," a source told the publication.
They added: "But now she's dealt with all the paperwork she's finally able to move forward and marry Carl."
Katie's representatives also confirmed the news as they said: "This is correct. Katie believed the divorce had been finalised but this was in fact the decree nisi – not the absolute.
"The divorce was amicable – focus being on positive parenting relations for their children. Katie looks forward to planning her wonderful wedding to Carl Woods as she's now officially single to proceed."
Meanwhile, 34 year old Kieran, who recently took a swipe at his ex's parenting style and compared his own to Peter Andre, told MailOnline: "As of July 12 we are now divorced. It took just over three years.
"We didn't rush it; it was in the process for a long time and Covid-19 hit, which held up the courts. It wasn't in our hands."
He continued: "I'm not even joking, it didn't cost any more than £500, because there was no legal battle. We share custody of the children and we arranged that ourselves, and we do stick to it.
Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!
Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…
Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!
Sign up here
"I said to her, I will be the only person that doesn't take any money from you because that's not who I am, I don't want her money."
OK! has approached Katie's representative for further comment.
After confirming their engagement in April, Katie and Carl spoke exclusively to OK! about the kind of wedding they want.
The former glamour model explained that she doesn't want a "bog standard affair" and said there would be no celebrities or exes on the guest list.
The star even hinted she won’t be walking down the aisle, as Carl told the public to “expect the unexpected”.
For all your updates on Katie Price and her upcoming wedding, sign up to our daily OK! newsletter.
Source: Read Full Article