Im A Celeb castle set to be hit by second storm as Met Office issues weather warning
I’m A Celebrityis set to be hit by another storm as the Met Office issues a weather warning.
The Met Office has issued a series of yellow Severe Weather Warnings for wind and snow across the UK in response to Storm Barra, with a yellow warning for wind in the county of Conwy, where the I’m A Celeb castle is located.
The warning came into place at 9am and will last until midnight, with the possibility of further warnings in the coming days.
There are warnings of power cuts and travel disruption in place with winds reaching up to 70mph in coastal areas.
It comes after the I’m A Celeb camp had to be evacuated last week from Gwrych Castle for three days after Storm Arwen caused technical difficulties on set.
Stay up to date with all the latest on your favourite stars by signing up to OK!'s daily celebrity newsletter.
Presenter Ant McPartlin recently shared how the ITV crew were “worried” at reports “more bad weather” was predicted for the following week.
Ahead of the show's return following Storm Arwen on Tuesday 30 November,Ant and Decappeared onThis Morningto spill the details on the show to hostsHolly WilloughbyandPhillip Schofield.
As Phil quizzed Ant and Dec over the atmosphere on set, Ant admitted: "Well, there's a slight worry because there's more bad weather coming next week. But, I think it's just temperatures dropping and maybe a bit of snow, a bit of frost. So I think we can cope with that."
Dec added: "You never get this in Australia!"
To which Ant said: "It's been a challenge but like I said, we're back on air tonight and we can't wait to get going again because it's just hitting its stride. The show was really going and it's just such a shame we came off air but we're back on."
During the chat, Holly asked the pair when they were told how badly the storm had hit Gwyrch Castle.
Dec explained: "We got a call on Friday to say: 'Come to the site as soon as possible' because there was a storm coming and we were gonna have to pre-record the show to just be safe – just in case the satellites went down.
"And sure enough the storm started coming in so we pre-recorded Friday's show, we pre-recorded a trial – we did a trial with them on Friday.
"As we went home and the show came out, we came to our cottages here and we could hear the winds howling and blowing so we knew it was pretty rough.
"And then we got the call on Saturday morning to say the wind has pretty much destroyed the tech base – the marquees had come down, trees had fell down, so the site was unsafe. Nobody was allowed back on the site until they'd been on and done a whole geological survey to see what had happened.
"So there was no choice but to just pull the show over the weekend, which we were just gutted about."
I'm A Celebrity continues tonight at 9pm on ITV.
Stay up to date with all the latest on your favourite stars by signing up to OK!'s daily celebrity newsletter .
Source: Read Full Article